Master Manufacturing / Production Planning Manager job
The job you were looking for is no longer available.
Find more jobs that match what you're looking for using the search box above or the menus on the left.
Master Manufacturing / Production Planning Manager
Salary - £48k - £60k DOE, plus bonus up to 20%, car allowance £4800, health care for the family, pension
Duration - Permanent
Location - Bedfordshire
Sector - Aerospace
An excellent opportunity exists for a Master Manufacturing / Production Planning Manager on a permanent basis to join a leading business with the aerospace sector. This is a new role and will allow the appointed Master Manufacturing / Production Planning Manager to make a stamp and establish themselves in this new exciting role.
The Master Manufacturing / Production Planning Manager holds primary responsibility for maintaining the Master Schedule. Prepares, develops, and coordinates the integrated master plan and integrated master schedule to meet all program objectives.
The appointed Master Manufacturing / Production Planning Manager will ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are both vertically and horizontally integrated across the facilities functional groups, including Engineering, Material, Manufacturing, and Quality. Tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, indentifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
The appointed Master Manufacturing / Production Planning Manager will carry out the following key responsibilities;
* Develop and maintain a MS Project Master Schedule and assigned resources for new or existing programs to ensure personnel are scheduled effectively to support all projects and to proactively identify potential resource shortages.
* Perform critical path analysis and prepare/recommend mitigation work-around solutions to minimize schedule delays and optimize project completion
* Analyzes sales forecasts to determine short and medium-term requirements for production resources. (people, equipment and subcontractors )
* Coordinates preparation of production schedules and material orders
* Responsible for providing planning oversight to the operations planning team.
* Monitors and adjusts schedule to respond to market / production requirements and optimize costs
* Establishes guidelines for delivery time commitments
* Establish and implement continuous process improvement initiatives
* Responsible for ensuring that the program is invoiced at point of delivery and supporting in the receipt of payment if necessary.
* Execute allocated Key Business Objectives in timely manner.
This role is responsible for forecasting external inventory, 3rd Party sales and intercompany sales on a monthly basis and is an experienced-level position requiring a thorough understanding of company operations, sales environment, and cost structures within an MRP environment.
The selected Master Manufacturing / Production Planning Manager will meet the following key requirements for the post;
* Experience in planning within an MRP/ or related environment
* Commercial understanding and business acumen in Aerospace industry ideally
* Experience of managing customer interfaces.
* Proven leadership abilities
* Experience of managing programs and able to use program management tools such as MS Project & Primavera
* Proficient with MS Office Suite (Work, Excel - must be able to use formulae, PowerPoint, Access)
* Critical path scheduling methodologies
* Extensive scheduling tool experience with Microsoft Project
* Proactive approach to problem resolution
* Strong communication skills - verbal, written and presentation
* Strong leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills.
* Technical competence sufficient to understand and communicate product related issues.
* Degree in Engineering or business related subject
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.