Process Improvement Engineer - Manufacturing job
The job you were looking for is no longer available. We have listed a selection of similar jobs below.
Find more jobs that match what you're looking for using the search box above or the menus on the left.
Process Improvement Engineer - Manufacturing
Process Improvement Engineer - Manufacturing - A WORLD renowned DEFENCE organization are looking for a Process Improvement Engineer - Manufacturing at their site in Southampton
Process Improvement Engineer - Manufacturing Engineer Responsibilities -
* Day-to-day support to manufacturing cells with timely resolution of immediate issues.
* Ensure a safe working environment, and safe, environmentally sound processes.
* Training and development of skills of manufacturing staff.
* Monitor performance of manufacturing cells by using production data such as yield, cycle time, and process capability metrics and use that data to target improvement activity.
* Define and implement corrective actions.
* Define and implement continuous improvement projects.
* Support project teams by providing input for Design for Manufacture / Assembly and feeding back process capability to the product designers.
* Run transfer to production programmes by introducing new products and processes into manufacturing while ensuring they meet cost, yield and quality targets.
* Improve the efficiency of manufacturing cells by utilising lean manufacturing and six sigma techniques. Ensure work complies with the Quality Management System, and regulatory and legal requirements
Process Improvement Engineer - Manufacturing Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge -
* Good "hands on" engineer with experience of manufacturing mechanical, electronic or electromechanical assemblies (probably from micro-electronics, optical packaging, medical, automotive or defence industries).
* Technical background - degree level or higher in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Material Science or related subject.
* Lean manufacturing and six-sigma techniques, DFMEA, SPC, failure analysis, root cause analysis Familiarity with the principles of Experimental Design.
* Project Management experience.
* Good skills with Microsoft Office, familiar with Minitab or similar statistical analysis, and ERP system such as SAP Customer focus.
The candidate will be required to achieve SC security clearance prior to appointment!!
Send your CV by clicking 'Apply Online'.